Tuesday, June 23, 2009

How closet anarchists die


I like the graffiti style that makes a cardboard cut-out, and then sprays that same pattern in zillions of odd little places. (I believe this is called stencil style.) Graffiti is to the city what tattoos are to the body.

If I end up with a terminal case of cancer, and when armed with the certainty of nothing to lose, that's when I'm finally going anarchist by graffiti. As I think more about this, I've decided I'm not joking. Of course, now that I've finally reconciled my epiloguish acts with a closing philosophy of life, it will be just my luck to die of sudden heart attack or dozing happily in my sleep.







O.

[image] Remaining Relevant blog

[ * ] Some really interesting stuff comes up on Google Images if you type in "graffiti art" or "stencil graffiti"

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 2:15 AM, Blogger woofmutt said...

"Graffiti is to the city what tattoos are to the body."

Really?

In modern times tattoos pert near always go on the body by request of the owner of that body. Graffiti is forced on the city by people who feel anyplace they can access is open to their vandalism.

People pay to have tattoos put on, the city has to pay to have graffiti removed.

I have my own lil fantasy regarding graffiti:

I spend secret nights high atop skyscrapers armed with night vision devices and high powered rifles. I spot a graffito in progress, take aim, and blow off the "artist's" index finger holding down the spray paint cap.

Yes, sometime I dream just like a Conservative.

 
At 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have two hypotheses on how you will go out. Either myself and the other class of 09 philosophy majors will put you in a home when we catch you reading Barth and you'll spend the last times of your life in an ignorant theological bliss, or Barack Obama will come riding in the clouds on a white horse and call you home to "heaven."

The more I watch the news and how our President handles himself the more I lean towards the latter.

 
At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eich: No, no, you're going out at the hands of ninja's, just like david caradine.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Brint Montgomery said...

I might note, woofmutt, that people pay to have tattoos removed also.

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger woofmutt said...

People also let body piercings grow closed...Can I go shoot the city full of holes now?

No really, can I? God said to ask you first.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home